Earlier this year, OnePlus launched their latest budget handset, the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite. This is a great value for money Android phone because it features some pretty decent specs while coming in at a price that isn’t too over the top, making it a cheap phone in 2023 if you’re either shopping on a budget or need a secondary phone and don’t want to break the bank.
Now, if your phone’s SIM is locked to a carrier, it can be a bit troublesome because it means that there are restrictions when trying to use it with other carriers, either local or overseas. The good news is that unlocking the SIM of the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite is actually a very simple and straightforward process.
We’ve highlighted two different methods below, one of which will go through your carrier, and the other will use Android SIM Unlock’s services which is an excellent alternative in case the first method doesn’t work.
FREE OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite SIM unlock
Carriers usually are more than happy to unlock the SIM on your phone and this is typically a free service they provide to customers. There are certain conditions that you’ll have to meet in order to qualify for a free SIM unlock, and here they are:
- You need to be in good standing with your carrier, meaning that you don’t have any outstanding bills and that the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You’ll also need to make sure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days
Keep in mind that the requirements may vary from carrier to carrier so it’s always best to call ahead to see what they need, but generally speaking, those are usually what carriers look for. Assuming you meet those requirements, then the process of unlocking the SIM on the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite is pretty easy, just follow the steps below:
- On your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to pull up your phone’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your carrier and request for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI for the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite
- If you meet all the requirements that we mentioned above, the SIM unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided in the next 2-5 days.
- Once you’ve received your code, swap out the SIM with a SIM from another carrier
- Enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Android SIM Unlock
There’s always a small chance that for whatever reason, your carrier refuses to unlock the SIM of your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite. Maybe it’s up to their discretion, or maybe there are other reasons that they are using as grounds of refusal.
If that is the case, not to worry. This is because there are alternative methods of unlocking the SIM of your phone, such as using Android SIM Unlock. This is a paid service where for a small and affordable fee, they will help you unlock the SIM of your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite.
The process is incredibly easy and straightforward and we have highlighted the steps below which you can follow to unlock the SIM of your handset in no time!
- On your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite phone, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write the IMEI number down
- Go to Android SIM Unlock’s website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact information
- Once payment is made, you should then receive the OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite’s unlock code either through SMS or email
- The moment you’ve received your code, you can then swap out the SIM on your phone with a SIM from another carrier
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code that you received in your email, and once you’ve done that, you should be good to go
As with all SIM unlocks, unlocking the SIM of your OnePlus Nord CE 3 Lite does not mean that you are now free from any obligations to your carrier. If your phone is still on contract, you are expected to continue making your monthly repayments along with any other fees you might incur.
The only difference is that your phone is now usable with other carriers, perfect if you’re planning on going overseas and using a local SIM and you need to unlock the SIM of your phone to do so.
Note: this article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.